Friday, June 3, 2016

Sight Drawing:Everheart Park 6/2/16

Charcoal, 7 by 12, 6/2/16

I drew this gazeebo in the park I live near. I think that the shapes came out well, but I don't know why I am having so much trouble with the shading in all my drawings. I don't feel satisfied with the shading. I am starting to think the mediums I am using are not working for me. I have charcoal sticks that I am going to use for my next drawing and come back to this one because I do think it has potential with the actual drawing.

1 comment:

  1. Liz -I understand about shading take a look at this slide show and the work of Duher and Van Gogh.
    http://www.slideshare.net/elemICT/line-drawing-techniques
    Try different drawing tools - conte crayon, pen and ink, pencils and different methods to get shading effects.
    Work on your perspective in this drawing its a little off.

    ReplyDelete